I’m coming clean. I claim I am a WAHM but, really, the bottom line is how much have I earned?
I am embarrassed. Ashamed. And even sad.
I was told that most bloggers make nothing their first year or two. I am finding out that this is true. We all believe we could defy the odds and I bet I could have.
I’m coming up on my 6 month mark of serious blogging. Sure, I started back in September 2010, but I didn’t get my “stuff” together until January 2011.
Six months of research and writing. Six months of Twitter, Facebook and commenting. Six months of trying hard. Six months worth of coffee and Twitter butt. Thank God I have another part time job!
Are you ready? I made a whopping $38.07 as of May 31, 2011. Wow!
I like to look at it as, “It’s Better Than Nothing.” LOL. Actually it is nothing. I pay monthly fees for hosting so that hard earned money is not so much an income or revenue but is a learning experience.
So how does my “income” break down?
This break down is from January 1, 2010 to May 31, 2010
- Problogger eBook, Your First Week of Blogging $24.00
- Twitter Dummy eBook (Joined May 2011) $0
- Kikolani, Ultimate Blog Post Promotion Guide eBook $0
- BlueHost Affiliate 6 clicks, no sign ups $0
- Market Samurai Affiliate $0.00
- My BlogFrog Forum $1.39
- Amazon 14 clicks, No sales
- My Likes (Opened account May 2011) $.31
- Swagbucks (Opened Account May 2011) $5.00 Amazon eGiftcard
- Adsense: $7.37 RamblingsofaWAHM.com, HubPages and My Swag Bucks Blog
*These are affiliate links, just FYI. A girl’s gotta make a buck.
There it is. Sales are not easy.
The bottom line: I need to work harder. I need to work smarter. I need more traffic. I need better SEO. I need to let my readers know what I sell.
The next 6 months will be different, definitely. I believe I have learned enough through trial and error to make a difference in my bank account now.
I want to thank all of you who have supported my blog, bought the eBooks and clicked my ads. Without you I would just be a substitute teacher. But I am a blogger also and I will get better. And as I get better so will you.
Update June 2012: I have made huge strides in the affiliate department. To see what resources I have used to help me gain some WAHM income check out my Resource Page.
Latest posts by Allie Irish (see all)
- The Raw WAHM Truth: Interview with Nicole Orozco - November 18, 2014
- Finding What Empowers You - November 13, 2014
- Work Anywhere: A Podcast for Work Vacation Dreamers - October 20, 2014
- Best Work From Home Sites For Entrepreneurs and Job Seekers - October 9, 2014
- The Healthy Busy Mom’s Vacation: Adventurous with the Kids Part 3 - August 7, 2014