This is a question many bloggers find themselves asking too often. I did.
When I began blogging I used my FB (Facebook) Profile for my readers to use in order to communicate with me on Facebook. I soon realized it was not going to work for my situation. Why? I was getting complete strangers asking to “friend” me. I needed to keep my personal life separate from my business life. I needed to have a place for my readers to go and find out what was the latest news for Ramblings of a WAHM; not the latest news about my personal life. Not to mention, I wanted to keep my personal life, well, personal.
So I created a Facebook Page.
A Facebook Page:
- Allows people to “follow”, “like” or be a fan of your business or organization. (Profiles give you friends.)
- Is open to the public for everyone to see. (Profiles are private.)
- Allows unlimited followers. (Profiles are limited to 5000 friends.)
- Is viewed as more professional. (Profiles are not, they are for individuals.)
- Gives a direct line back to your business and/or blog. (Profiles are more direct to YOU.)
Wondering how to create a Facebook Page. It is very easy. Log into your profile and get started with the video below.
Facebook, along with Twitter, should be the foundations to your social networking. Over and over both have proven to be trusted sources of not only traffic but communication and camaraderie with fellow bloggers and readers.
What is your take?
Do you have a Facebook Page? Leave a link below.
Do you use Facebook often?
Latest posts by Allie (see all)
- Protecting Your WAHM Blog and Business Follow Up - May 23, 2013
- Getting Closer to Your Readers and Customers with an Email List - May 21, 2013
- Getting More Fans by Linking Your Facebook Page to Your Profile - May 16, 2013