Infertility and low sperm count has become a major health issue among men who live in every corner of the world. Some couples think that not getting pregnant is a fertility issue of the female. However, that is not always the case. Even infertility among men can lead couples towards pregnancy issues. Therefore, it is important for the men to think about necessary steps that they need to take in order to improve the sperm quality, fertility and ejaculation volume.
Getting tested for low sperm quality
First of all, you need to check whether pregnancy issues are caused by low sperm quality. You can easily do this at home by purchasing an at-home sperm count test. Or else, you can go to a doctor’s office and get a complete semen analysis done.
If you are healthy, you should have a sperm count of more than 20 million in your semen. If the sperm level is lesser than that, you have a higher chance of being infertile. In such situations, you need to think about the necessary measures that need to be taken in order to improve the sperm quality.
Causes of low sperm quality
Several causes can lead a person towards low sperm quality, infertility and ejaculation volume. The most prominent causes among them include:
- Electromagnetic frequencies - Electromagnetic frequencies, which are also known as EMFs have the potential to create a tremendous impact on the sperm quality of an individual. That’s because EMFs can increase the temperature of testicles. Therefore, men should not think about keeping their laptops on the lap and placing their mobile phones on the pocket.
- Cigarette smoking – Cigarette smoking can damage the quality and volume of sperm in your semen. However, the damage can be reversed, but people need to quit smoking.
- Radio frequency electromagnetic waves – According to a research that was conducted in 2011, it was identified that signals emitted from the devices that are connected to Wi-Fi can reduce the motility of sperms. It can also increase the DNA fragmentation of sperms. Therefore, men should refrain from keeping Wi-Fi enabled laptops on their laps.
- Alcohol – Excessive consumption of alcohol can also lead a person towards reduced sperm volume in semen.
- Soy foods – People in today’s world tend to consume highly processed soy foods such as soy burgers, TVP and soy milk on a regular basis. Unfortunately, these food items contain concentrated isoflavones. It has the ability to restrict access to the estrogen receptor sites, which are needed for testosterone.
- Hormones and pesticides in food – Hormones added to meat and dairy products along with the pesticides found on food can create a tremendous impact on the hormone balance of an individual. As a result, a person will have to suffer from low sperm quality, infertility and ejaculation volume in the long run.
As you can see, your food habits have the potential to create a tremendous impact on the sperm quality. Therefore, you need to have a clear understanding about the food items that you should consume and the food items that you should not consume.
- Consume more fresh fruits and vegetables
Increasing fresh fruits and vegetables in meals can be considered as the best method available for men to increase fertility. The antioxidants present in these food items can bring amazing results for them in the long run.
- Reduce the dairy consumption
Consuming more dairy products, including cheese has the ability to reduce the quality of your sperms. Therefore, it is a good idea to stay away from dairy products.
- Skip meat
You don’t need to consume meat in order to get your protein intake. You can simply replace meat with plant based protein, which can increase the fertility rate along with sperm quality.
- Cut down cholesterol
Higher cholesterol levels can also lead men towards infertility issues and they need to take necessary measures in order to cut down cholesterol levels.
- Reduce the intake of saturated fats
Saturated fat, which is primarily found in dairy products and meat, can also contribute towards reduced ejaculation volume and sperm count.
These are some of the effective tips that you can keep in mind in order to improve your sperm quality, ejaculation volume and get rid of infertility.
The effectiveness of these tips is proven and any person can think of following them without any doubt on mind. However, these tips cannot deliver overnight results to you.