December 6-12 Wrap Up
I’m not really in the mood to write, so I’m just going to list what has been going on here at RWAHM. I mean, really, the sun has not shown here in about 2 weeks and I really should just take a nap but my mind is always racing about what I should write about next and all these ideas are always running through my head. So, anyway, without further thought, here is what has been going down at RWAHM.
*If you didn’t catch my latest posts here they are:
*My week was mostly working on backlinking and getting my blog out there on the Internet. I signed up for Onlywire, which is an automated backlinking service. There are 42 Social Media and Bookmarking services one can use but I only choose 9. Twitter is available but I am active already on Twitter so I refrain from using them on Onlywire. I think that would be overkill, do you? Digg is also available but for some reason Digg never works for me, maybe it doesn’t like my browser, hmmm?
*I use the following services with Onlywire and I do have accounts with each one so we can connect if you do too. I will be checking them periodically.
*I cleaned my Twitter account and took out some people I do not want to follow anymore. If you only tweet to sell something or you basically never tweet, I unfollowed you. I think I only removed 2. I am actually somewhat picky about who I follow. I like to follow people that can help me with life and my blog. Or if you are funny @Tosh.0 @danoah @notablogger.
*I am still trying to figure out how to start a mail list service. I have signed up with Mail Chimp and have watched many of their “how to” videos. Maybe my brain is being lazy and I simply do not want to learn anything new at this point. Or maybe I just don’t get it. I won’t give up. You will see a mail list subscribe button in the right sidebar eventually.
*And I am gearing up for the holiday break. I am trying to get posts written and scheduled ahead of time so the week of Christmas and New Years I do not have to write, just tweet (I like tweeting) and maybe some socializing (which I love too) around my favorite blogs and forums. So far I have titles and outlines of my future posts, I just need to fill in details and links. (pat on the back, lol.)
- This week I will be posting about the Anatomy of a Blog and Choosing Your Domain Name. If you have any tips I will gladly include them and give you credit with your Twitter or Blog address.
- Email list. Email list. Email list.
- See ya on Twitter, I’m there often. My behind the scenes Tumblr blog.
On a personal note:
- All the Christmas décor is up, with just 2 weeks to go it was about time. Lol.
- The San Diego Chargers won! If you don’t know, I am a Chargers fan. I live in the Bay Area but San Diego fills my heart.
- What? 12 days until Christmas? I only have ½ my shopping done. It’s gonna be a busy shopping week for me. I don’t like shopping so this is hard.
- My kids are out of school this Friday! I am excited and dreading it at the same time.
- I have totally neglected my FarmVille on FB! I know, I am a latecomer but like I said my son made me do it now he stopped. I was completely addicted to it 2 weeks ago and then stopped. I will need catch up or I’m gonna have some pretty angry piggies and goats.
Now you all know I am officially a nerd. I get excited over Farmville and Twitter. Some day, when my blog is all grown up and I know you guys won’t judge me so harshly I will let you in on the darker side of Allie. (You may be able to see some of it at my Tumblr blog now and then, hee hee.)
Happy blogging everyone!
What did you do last week? Really I want to know? Did you start a new blog? Leave a link.
Do you have any tips to share?
Latest posts by Allie (see all)
- Protecting Your WAHM Blog and Business Follow Up - May 23, 2013
- Getting Closer to Your Readers and Customers with an Email List - May 21, 2013
- Getting More Fans by Linking Your Facebook Page to Your Profile - May 16, 2013